The Hancock County Community Foundation (HCCF) addresses important issues in our community with financial resources generated by the Hancock County Enrichment Fund, as well as several named community development funds. These funds are comprehensive, unrestricted endowments that address a broad range of needs, including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time a gift is made. These funds generate grants for a multitude of organizations.
Grants address long-term solutions, respond quickly to emergencies, and meeting changing social cultural, educational, and environmental needs. These critically important funds allow HCCF the flexibility to drive initiatives that enrich the lives of people you care about.
It is through your generosity that HCCF will continue to do this work for generations to come. For a limited time only, your gift to the Enrichment Fund will be matched $1 for $1!
The Hancock County Community Foundation’s Gift Matching Opportunity
- To qualify for the $1 to $1 match, gifts may not be designated for a specific charitable organization or cause; but rather, for the unrestricted benefit of Hancock County.
- Gifts must be irrevocable: cash, stock, land, grain, the charitable portion of an annuity or trust, or IRA distribution made directly to HCCF. Certain gifts of life insurance may apply.
- Gifts of $1 – $7,499 will be matched and contributed to the Hancock County Enrichment Fund. Created by HCCF, this comprehensive, unrestricted endowed fund addresses a broad range of local needs – including future needs that often cannot be anticipated at the time a gift is made.
- Since the minimum gift to establish a named fund is $15,000; your gifts of $7,500 or more will be matched $1 to $1, and you have the opportunity to name a fund in any name you choose. For example, you may wish to name in honor, in memory, or in the name of your family members. In the case of the creation of a new fund, HCCF will provide a simple governing document.
- Gifts can be made from a revocable trust fund, donor advised fund or private foundation, so long as funds are not currently stewarded by HCCF.
- The gift match is available for a limited time. Additional gifts may be made, and are welcome, but will be matched only as long as grant funds are available. All donations will be recognized with a gift acknowledgment letter for tax purposes.