What is a Partnership Fund?
There are times when the Hancock County Community Foundation can provide administrative assistance for a community project or initiative to further a philanthropic cause. In these cases, a pass-through or non-permanent fund may be created. When appropriate, HCCF partners with these worthy organizations to enrich and enhance their efforts. We ensure proper stewardship of donations on behalf of all parties, and donors enjoy tax benefit from their gifts.
In addition, HCCF may act as the Fiscal Sponsor of a non-501c3 organization doing charitable work until the organization can establish itself as a nonprofit charity. Funds of this nature are considered by the HCCF Board on a case-by-case basis.
Services may include:
- Accept gifts of cash, checks, credit cards, stocks, and real estate (forms of appreciated property) for the purpose of funding the project/organization
- Provide a link located on the organization’s website to the Foundation’s website for online donation purposes
- Provide individualized acknowledgement letters for each gift received that includes receipt of charitable gift and eligible tax deduction
- Provide year-end giving records to donors
- Track pledges and send annual reminders of pledge commitments
- Record gifts received and provide current fund status to the organization as needed, but no less than on a monthly basis
- Provide organization with funds as requested
- Feature efforts in HCCF publications, including newsletters, reports and on the website
- Provide recognition of donors that they are receiving a tax-deductible contribution
- Provide the peace of mind that donors enjoy when giving to a reputable, local, non-partisan organization known for managing and stewarding the generosity of community members for the purpose of enriching and enhancing life in Hancock County.
Fees for philanthropic administration services for non-permanent funds vary.