Giving Through HCCF…
There are very good reasons people choose to give through the
Hancock County Community Foundation!
Benefits for You
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We understand the community’s issues and needs, and work with area organizations to coordinate resources in order to create positive change.
- We offer the flexibility for you to give locally, nationally, or abroad.
- We provide personalized and completely confidential service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate many ways of giving.
- We can partner with your professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under federal law for most gifts, which may include:
- Income tax savings
- Avoidance of additional tax owed by survivors
- Estate and gift tax savings
- Increased lifetime income
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts: we are responsible stewards.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help you create your personal legacy.
Ways to Make an Outright Gift
Outright Gift of Cash
An outright gift of cash is the simplest of gifts and may be fully deducted for federal income tax purposes up to 50% of your client’s adjusted gross income. A gift via check is welcome either by personal delivery to our office or by mail.
Credit Card Gift
HCCF can accept gifts made with credit cards. Simply include the required information on a contribution envelope or click the “Donate Now” button on the menu.
Gifts of Stocks or Bonds
Your gifts of stocks, bonds, and other property may provide significant tax benefits. If you sell appreciated property, you will pay considerably higher income taxes; however, if that same property is gifted to HCCF, you may deduct the full value while avoiding the higher tax on the gain.
Simply call our Finance Officer, Jill Martin, and she can provide either to your client or to your client’s financial advisor all the information necessary to make the transaction directly to our investment manager, The National Bank of Indianapolis.
For information on how to make gifts of real estate, life insurance, or planned gifts,
please visit the other links on the menu bar.