WHY MATCH DAY?
Match Day, on July 24th, is designed to provide a unique 24-hour opportunity for twelve nonprofits, with HCCF endowment funds, to increase gifts to their endowments while securing funding for immediate needs. Our goal is to give each of the 12 participants a platform that will engage their donors and the community-at-large to provide them the following benefits:
- Endowment growth…Lilly Endowment’s .50 to $1 match is key to the sustainability of the nonprofit organization’s future operating needs
- Increased AWARENESS of their endowment…donors need to KNOW the nonprofit has an endowment in order to make a future gift through their estate plan
- Operating dollars…HCCF’s proportional match is key to meeting immediate operating needs while the increased size of the nonprofit’s endowment begins generating additional income
- County-wide recognition of the organization’s mission supported by HCCF’s specially designed Match Day marketing resources; leading to….
- New volunteers and an increased donor base!
MATCH DAY PARTICIPANTS:
Qualifying organizations with an administrative presence in Hancock County benefit from an operating endowment, stewarded by HCCF, and in the organization’s name.
|Bradley United Methodist Church||Families United for Support & Encouragement|
|Greenfield Parks & Recreation||Hancock County 4-H Ag Association|
|Hancock County Food Pantry||Hancock County Public Library|
|Hancock County Senior Services||Hancock Hope House|
|Leaders in Navigating Knowledge||Love INC|
|Nameless Creek Youth Camp||Sugar Creek Township Park|
REVIEW OF HOW MATCH DAY FUNDING WILL BE ALLOCATED:
- All contributions from the community in the 24 hour period will be granted to the organization’s operating endowment.
- The proportional match from HCCF’s contribution pool of $80,000 will be granted to the organization for immediate needs.
- The .50 cent on the dollar match from Lilly Endowment’s Gift VI Grant ($90,000 pool) will be granted to the organization’s operating endowment. The cap on this match is $7,500 per organization so they must secure a minimum of $15,000, during the 24 hour period, to secure the entire endowment match.
- When 100 or more unique donors give to a participating nonprofit on Match Day, HCCF will grant an additional $250 to the organization for immediate needs. A unique donor refers to a person who makes a donation. Each person will be counted once in our “total donors” tally. If one person makes donations to multiple organizations, they will be counted once per organization.