What is GIFT VII?
HCCF has received a Lilly Endowment Inc. Grant, called GIFT VII, that encourages the growth of unrestricted resources that enable HCCF the ability to be nimble to the ever-changing needs and opportunities of Hancock County…the very resources that allow us to provide nonprofit grants and support community enhancement opportunities.
What is the matching opportunity?
Effective immediately, every unrestricted $1 gift made to HCCF will be matched with $2.
How long is this match available?
Starting now through October 2020, or until the pool of available resources has been used to match gifts…whichever comes first.
Which of HCCF’s existing funds are eligible for the match?
The Hancock County Enrichment Fund is one option for gift consideration, but there are many named community development funds on HCCF’s charitable menu from which to choose.
What if I want to establish a new fund?
The minimum fund balance for the establishment of an unrestricted fund is $15,000; therefore, a minimum commitment gift of $5,000, with the $10,000 match, will provide the opportunity for you to name a fund in any name you choose. For example, you may wish to name in honor, in memory, or in the name of your family members.
Establishing a fund at HCCF is an uncomplicated process activated by an endowment fund agreement between the donor and the Foundation. The gift is invested with HCCF’s $38 million endowment pool, increasing its earning power.
How do gifts qualify?
1) To qualify for the $2 to $1 match, gifts may not be designated for a specific charitable organization; but rather, be established for the unrestricted benefit of Hancock County. Designated funds are ineligible for the 2:1 match.
2) Gifts must be irrevocable: cash, stock, land, grain or the charitable portion of a Charitable Annuity or Trust. Certain gifts of life insurance may apply.
3) Gifts CAN be made from a revocable trust fund, donor advised fund or private foundation, so long as funds are not currently stewarded by HCCF.
4) Unrestricted gifts will be matched through October 30, 2020 or until the matching pool is exhausted, whichever comes first.
5) All donations will be recognized with a gift acknowledgement letter for tax purposes.
Who do I contact at HCCF for assistance?
Emily Wethington, Advancement Officer
Mary Gibble, President/CEO
Marie Felver, Vice President of Finance and Operations for questions regarding stock transfer instructions