Rotary International, the world’s first service club, is defined as “an organization of business and professional men and women, united worldwide, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.”
For years, Rotary’s commitment to Service Above Self has been channeled through the Avenues of Service, which form the foundation of club activity. The Avenues of Service are:
- Club Service- Service within one’s club
- Community Service- Service to one’s local community
- Vocational Service- Service to one’s business or profession
- International Service- Service in the development of friendly international relations
- New Generations Service- Service with younger individuals through leadership development activities
Applicants must be graduating seniors of Eastern Hancock, Mt. Vernon, Greenfield- Central, or New Palestine High School or be current Hancock County residents who are graduating seniors at a private or parochial high school. See guidebook for a complete list of requirements.