Giving Through the Hancock County Community Foundation
There are very good reasons people choose to give through the Hancock County Community Foundation!
- We are a local organization with deep roots in the community.
- We understand the community’s issues and needs, and work with area organizations to coordinate resources in order to create positive change.
- We offer the flexibility for you to give locally, nationally, or abroad.
- We provide personalized and completely confidential service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate many ways of giving.
- We can partner with your professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages under federal law for most gifts, which may include:
- Income tax savings
- Avoidance of additional tax owed by survivors
- Estate and gift tax savings
- Increased lifetime income
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts: we are responsible stewards.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help you create your personal legacy.
The Hancock County Community Foundation is a public charity and gifts made to the Foundation are tax deductible. HCCF will send you an acknowledgement of your gift and a tax receipt. For HCCF’s policies regarding all gift types, please review HCCF Gift Acceptance Policy here and Privacy Statement here.
Simply call our Vice President of Finance and Operations, Marie Felver, at 317.462.8870, ext. 223 and she can provide you or your financial advisor all the information necessary to make the transaction directly to our investment managers.
Types of Funds
Types of Funds
There are various types of funds at the Hancock County Community Foundation. You can tailor your charitable legacy by choosing to establish one or more of these.
[hrf_faqs category=’Types of Funds’]
Establish a Fund
Establishing a Fund
How do I create an endowment fund through the Hancock County Community Foundation?
Creating a fund within the Hancock County Community Foundation is an easy process. By working with you individually, as well as your financial advisor, the staff at the Community Foundation is able to customize a fund to achieve your philanthropic goals. The Hancock County Community Foundation generally uses the following process when creating a new endowment fund.
- Meet with Foundation staff to discuss philanthropic goals.
- Determine organization, institution, or cause to benefit from the fund.
- Determine restrictions that may be placed on the fund’s income.
- HCCF will ensure that benefiting organization is qualified to receive grants according to IRS regulations.
- HCCF will draft an endowment fund agreement.
- Founder of fund will review the endowment fund agreement outlining purpose of the fund to assure that charitable desires are correctly defined.
- Founder of the fund will sign the fund agreement and make contribution to establish the fund ($1,000 minimum).
- The Hancock County Community Foundation Board will review and approve the fund agreement.
- Fund will be invested with Foundation’s endowment pool, increasing its earning power.
- When the fund balance reaches the fund minimum, assuming it has been invested for no less than one year, the fund may begin making grants from the generated income. The organization has the annual option to reinvest the income to help grow the fund.
- A fund statement will be sent on an annual basis showing all fund activity for the prior year.
The Hancock County Community Foundation offers the following services to assist you in growing your fund:
- Marketing materials and fund promotion documents
- Responding to inquiries from potential donors
- Meeting with major gift prospects
- Managing complicated gifts (real estate, stock, etc.)
- Acknowledging all gifts to the fund
Philanthropic Administrative Services
For more information click here.