Download the enrollment form here!
Who is eligible for enrollment?
- Enrollment is now open to any child born on or after January 1, 2016 and residing in Hancock County.
Why the incremental implementation?
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library program dictates only two enrollment strategies: Incremental Enrollment as shown above or Immediate Enrollment of all children from birth to age 5. In 2006, Hancock County experienced a loss of this program when United Way of Central Indiana’s admirable attempt to immediately provide it to all children from birth to age five proved too expensive and unsustainable. Hancock County Community Foundation (HCCF) wants to ensure this does not happen again. Through financial analysis, HCCF has determined that future success is built on a conservative enrollment approach ensuring that by 2020, families of all children born are assured to receive 60 books by their child’s fifth birthday. The majority, if not all of the cost, can be sustained by the income of a $2 million Imagination Library Endowment.
How will I enroll my newborn?
- Enrollment forms are available at your local library branch and online. Please return your completed enrollment form to the Hancock County Public Library (HCPL) for processing.
When will I start receiving my child’s books?
- HCPL will place book orders the first of each month. Delivery of books begins approximately 8 weeks following the book order placement.
Can I enroll my grandchildren?
- Yes, but the child can only be enrolled one time whether that be by a parent or grandparent.
Can I enroll an entire class of students?
- No, but you can share the information with parents and encourage them to enroll their children.