We Link Caring Citizens to Community Need
In today’s world, it’s easy to see that human needs are everywhere. It can be challenging to know where and how to help. If you desire to make a difference that will last beyond your lifetime, this is an invitation to take the next step. The Hancock County Community Foundation can help you organize your giving to support the community and your favorite charities now and forever.
Click here to watch our Mission Video
What is the Community Foundation (HCCF)?
- A community foundation is an organization created by and for the people in a local area. Its core purpose is to help you help others.
- We are a very long-sighted organization. We are distinguished by our mission to be in Hancock County forever and to manage donors’ charitable wishes, as well as utilize financial resources to meet Hancock County’s needs and opportunities as those needs change over time.
- The beauty of our Community Foundation is in the diversity of our donor base. People of modest means stand side by side with those of great wealth to form a community philanthropic foundation that is strong and deep beyond measure. Anyone can be a philanthropist! The Community Foundation provides numerous giving options, all of which make an impact, no matter the size of gift!
Click here for a current list of contributors.
- Want to learn even more?
Click here for our Community Foundation 101 Course.
- Our organization provides donors with flexible, efficient, and tax effective ways to ensure their charitable giving achieves the greatest possible impact. Visit our “Give Today” and “Give Tomorrow” tabs to learn more about how you can make a lasting contribution to your community.
How does it work?
The Community Foundation is an organization designed to receive and professionally administer gifts from individuals, families, and organizations so they may create an endowment fund or grow one of our many existing endowment funds.
The Foundation then distributes a portion of each fund’s generated income as designated by the donor to meet the needs of their favorite charitable cause, nonprofit organization, or institution.
Endowment funds can provide grants for scholarships, charitable organizations, and other worthy causes and institutions. All have the purpose of enabling others to build and improve the quality of life forever.
Click here to learn more about HCCF’s Funds and those caring people and organizations who established them.
What difference can you make?
Did you know that by giving only 5% of your estate through the Hancock County Community Foundation, you can transform our community in immeasurable ways?
Click here to learn more.
Reasons to Give through the Community Foundation
We provide personalized and completely confidential service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate many ways of giving.
We can partner with your professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving. Visit our “Give Tomorrow” tab to learn more.
We offer maximum tax advantages under federal law for most gifts, which may include:
- Income tax savings
- Avoidance of additional tax owed by survivors
- Estate and gift tax savings
- Increased lifetime income
We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts: we are responsible stewards. Endowed investments are guided by professional financial advisors. We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help you create your personal legacy.
HCCF began with $2,325 of endowed assets and has steadily grown over the following years to more than $33 million in current endowed assets. Endowment distributions have likewise steadily increased, providing substantial impact through community grants and educational scholarships. The Foundation’s vision is to be a leader of philanthropic activity in Hancock County and it works as a community partner to build a future for our community. The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, all residents of Hancock County.
Click here for HCCF’s current board members.