The Hancock County Community Foundation (HCCF) is pleased to announce the 2015 Fall Grant Opportunities, which includes two grant applications:
- The Programs & Projects Application will offer grants from Field of Interest, Spirit of Community, and other funds to local nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that serve Hancock County residents. A programming grant supports activities which achieve a defined projected outcome. Applications received for the Programs and Projects Application may be funded by various funds which are listed and described in the application. Requests are encouraged but not required to align with one or more of the listed funds.
- The Operating Application will offer funding from HCCF’s Enrichment Fund along with Named Community Development Funds to local nonprofit organizations that serve Hancock County residents. Operational support is funding that enables the organization to carry out its basic mission with minimal restrictions on its use. Organizations may apply for the lesser of $7,500 or 10% of their total 2015 operating budget. Examples of Operating support include:
- Physical location: Includes the cost of rent, utility payments (electricity, telephone, etc), facilities maintenance. Capital improvement and building projects will not be considered.
- Staffing: Includes salaries of existing core staff positions and staff training (excluding travel expenses). Also excludes benefits. Funding for new staff will not be considered.
- Office Supplies: Includes basic office supplies, leasing of office equipment, etc.
- Technology: Includes information technology support, hosting fees, website maintenance, licensing fees, etc. Does not typically include purchase of equipment.
Applications are due by 4:00PM on September 11, 2015. For more information and details regarding the fall grant opportunity including eligibility requirements visit the 2015 Grant Opportunities Page, under the Grants tab, on HCCF’s Website at giveHCgrowHC.org.
Questions can be directed to Kara Harrison, HCCF’s Community Investment & Grants Officer by email at kharrison@giveHCgrowHC.org or by phone at 317-462-8870 ext. 226.